Friday, February 12, 2010

The Dreaded Potty Training

Gideon is now 27 months and we thought it was time to give potty training a try. I've been delaying it for this or that reason (Holiday travel and family visit) but we had a good 4 days stretch to dedicate to the effort. Yesterday was the first day and we had 5 accidents by 10 AM! Today has been better. It's been nice to have Eliyana and Caleb around to entertain Gideon while he is must sit on the potty. What a help! Here's a cute one of Caleb reading to Gideon:

4 comments:

Christy said...

I've been thinking that I needed to get Asher trained to and now you inspiried me. I'm getting a little tired of two in diapers for the past 2 years. It doensn't look like Patrick is anywhere near "getting it" so hopefully Asher is ready.

Josh and Heidi Van Ee said...

If it inspires you, Christy, then that may be all we get out of this experience! It's been 3 days and I'm ready to give it up and try again in a couple months :(

Katy said...

that pic is so cute. I think that's right around the time we started with Chase, good luck, that's not a whole lot of fun.

Beckywalters66@gmail.com said...

That is really wonderful that Eliyanna & Caleb help in this endeavor. I love the pic.