Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring break

Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated this blog! It's been busy, but honestly I've also just put it off for some time. Maybe I'm getting a little bored with blogging. It's spring break this week for Josh and Eliyana. We just got back from a 3 day camping trip to Joshua Tree National Park with some friends from church. It was a great trip and now I have a couple hours to spare around doing all the camping laundry (yucky smoke smell) so I decided to post some pictures of the last couple months.

In February we met Josh's parents in Visalia, CA for a weekend. Josh's dad was preaching in his sponsoring church in Visalia. On Saturday the men went wild pig hunting, but had no success. Josh's mom, the kids and I drove up to Sequoia National Park and got to experience a little snow storm and see some of the big trees.


In early March I did a science demonstration for Eliyana's 2nd grade class with 1 of my co-workers. Air Products has a community outreach and science education program which I recently joined. I was able to show the class Liquid Nitrogen and lots of fun experiments you could do with it. The finale was making ice cream using liquid nitrogen. To say the least, it was a hit and I had a lot of fun doing it.

Then my parents came out for a long weekend. We went to Ruby's on the pier in Oceanside (a favorite activity to do with all my family members!), Legoland, the flower fields and a trip through Joshua Tree National Park and a night in Palm Springs. I think I wore them out but we had a nice time with them and they enjoyed the trip.



Then we went back to Joshua Tree this week for camping. It's our favorite place to camp with the kids. There are huge boulders that the kids love to climb. It was fun going with some other families from our church and to see how their children also loved scrambling up on the rocks. It made us nervous sometimes to see how fearless they were on the edges! There were 12 children under the age of 10, so you can imagine how crazy it got at times!

4 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

So good to hear from you again. You might be bored doing the blogs but I'm certainly not bored hearing from you. I'll never forget Joshua Tree when you took me camping there. I loved the scenery, but the sleepless night-! I am on facebook too, but hardly ever bother putting any thing on there. Love ya all, Grandma

Christy said...

Wow! Adventures in California! You guys sure are taking advantage of your time there! That's great!

Beckywalters66@gmail.com said...

What are children for, if you cannot enjoy them?!! And, what memories for the children!!

Anneke said...

That last photo of your family is BEAUTIFUL! What a great pic!