Sorry it's been so long since I've last blogged. It's been busy in the Van Ee home, as usually. Last week we re-finished 2 of our bathrooms by painting, replacing the mirrors and light fixtures. They look so much better now. The previous owners had already replaced the cabinets and put in granite and tile. But the color and light fixtures was blahhh! This weekend we also finally unpacked the last of the boxes from our move by hanging the last of the pictures upstairs. It's really feeling like home now.
On Friday Eliyana and her 2 neighborhood friends decided they wanted to make and sell lemonade. Eliyana had asked me earlier in the summer and I kept putting it off. Who was going to buy the lemondade if they made it? We live on a quiet street at the end of the cul-de-sac. I didn't want them to get disappointed. But I decided it could be fun. The girls picked the lemons from our neighbor's tree. Then they all took turns juicing them with our juicer. I found a good recipe online and we made a big batch of fresh squeezed lemonade. Saturday morning they started out early and set up their stand. Their first customers were all their parents and siblings. A few random people were kind enough to stop and buy their lemonade. Another neighbor was having a garage sale nearby, which helped bring more people to the street. The girls kept going to the garage sale and spending their earnings. So when we packed up their stand, they had $3 and some change left.






1 comment:
It's funny! When you talked about making lemonade and then saying you picked the lemons. That is something we in PA can't do- pick our own lemons. If I would have been there I would have bought some. It's cute that they are industrious. Did they make worthwhile purchases at the yard sale? I would really like to see your house, but even more see you, but I think you are coming for Christmas so that will be great.
Post a Comment