Friday, November 21, 2008

House Projects

I haven't posted for awhile because I haven't taken any good pictures of the kids lately. Our digital camera was acting up and it might be time for a new camera. It's been plenty busy in our house, though. This past week we had the popcorn accoustic ceiling texture scraped off all the downstairs ceilings, stairway and upstairs hallway. Then we had a contractor spray on knock-down texture. So for the past week our house has been a mess. Both processes (popcorn removal and Knock-down texture) are quite messy. All that's left to do now is the painting, which I will do myself. I scraped the popcorn off of all the ceilings in our last house, but it wasn't much more cost to have the contractor remove the popcorn while he put up new texture (which I didn't feel confident trying). I promise to post some pictures of the before and after once we are finished and the camera is working.

4 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

Wow! My granddaughters are very ambitious. First Amy told of her paint job and now you. It makes me happy to have industrious family. Work has always been considered a virtue. I remember hearing it said (all my life) "Hard work never hurt any one". I will be anxious to see your pictures.

Becky Walters said...

Hey do you want to come & do our ceilings too??? Just kidding!! We have been talking about doing this for YEARS ans STILL not done it.
I know you will enjoy it.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Interesting - I had never heard of a popcorn ceiling before the last couple weeks, but I've been watching HGTV and as they go through the homes getting them ready to sell, the realtor always says - the popcorn ceilings have to go. - So good for you.

Phyllis said...

I have always hated popcorn ceilings - even when everyone else had them. Yuch. I thought once you had them, you were stuck with them. So good for you in getting rid of them. I can imagine what a mess it is, though. But all for a good cause!

Love,
Aunt Phyllis