Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fun and Projects

Finally a moment to blog . . .
It's been a busy few weeks since we've been back from all our traveling. It's been good to get back into a routine again. Eliyana started piano lessons after we returned from Hawaii and so far she is doing very well and really enjoys them. On my days home, I've been trying to do some fun things with Caleb and Gideon. Last week we had very warm weather (70's and 80's) so one day we had a picnic at the park.


Last Saturday we enjoyed a morning at the Wild Animal Park. I skipped a year of membership there so the children were excited to go and it was Gideon's first since he was a couple months old. Gideon especially was facinated by the petting zoo and the ducks. We all enjoyed watching the lions get fed.


The last 2 weeks we worked on another project at the house. We have a retaining wall area and a steep slope on the one side of our backyard. With Gideon walking all around, it was time to put up a fence. So Josh and I put up the fencing over a weekend. I had the fun job of screwing in the pickets. We needed to paint it because of our irrigation sprinklers, rain and hot California sun. I started with a brush and after 2 hours of painting and only covering about 10 feet of fence, we decided to try the sprayer. It went so much better and we finished the rest of the painting in a few hours. So, one more project done.


3 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

Hey Heidi, I just had an idea. If painting took so long you should have gotten help like Tom Sawyer did. I suppose you read that book and know what I'm referring too. You don't know how much I enjoy everybody's blogs. It is so great to have them. 70s and 80s weather! We have had very cold weather and snow. I really can't wait for warm weather, only then I will have to mow yard, make jelly etc.

Erin said...

I am jealous of your beautiful warm, sunny weather! It has been so cold here. Gideon is getting so big.

Becky Walters said...

Those boys are the cutest! I know they are going to be best "Buddies" as they grow up. Gideon is growing sooo fast.
The fence looks real nice. And you have yourselves to thank for it.
See you soon. Becky