Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Catching up

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted anything. It continues to be busy. We've had some nicer weather lately so we've been outside playing often. The kids often play in the yard while I do yard work. We are still trying to get our yard looking better. It was just dirt when we moved in last year. We've had to seed, irrigate and pull lots of weeds. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.


Gideon loves his shoes. He often gets them out of his basket and carries them around the house. When we say that we're going outside and he needs to get his shoes, he runs to his basket and pulls out his red crocs then sits down on the stairs and waits for help. He's starting to say more words lately and "shoes" is one of them.


Most evenings after dinner the kids get all wound up. They love wrestling with daddy, even Gideon tries to get into it. They love to be carried up to bed (all of them at once)!


One of the hot afternoons we were outside, the ice cream truck came to our street. I gave in and the kids enjoyed their ice cream pops.


Here's a funny picture we snapped when Caleb was talking on the phone to Grandma and Grandpa. He was walking all around while he was talking to them. Gideon picked up a toy, held it to his ear and also starting talking and walking around the room. Too funny! Gideon likes to make just about anything into a phone!

Next week I'll be going to South Korea for a business trip where I'll help install a distillation system at our sister plant. I am planning to be there 10 days. Thankfully Josh's parents will each be down for a week while I am gone, so Josh and the kids should do fine without me.

3 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

I love to hear from you. All the kids are so cute. I had been wondering when your Korea trip was coming up. I hope you have some time to see some of the country besides the work you will be doing. Our weather is seeming a little more spring like. My tulips are pushing through the ground. I pruned my grape vines this afternoon. Ah, warmer weather soon, I hope.

Becky Walters said...

Hi Josh, Heidi & Children,
Look at Gideon!! He is growing sooo fast. You are going to be missed while you are in Korea. But I hope you have a wonderful time. The time difference will be difficult.
Becky & Jimmy

Erin said...

I wish it was warm enough here for the ice cream truck to drive by! Our Caleb loves his crocs too! He keeps trying to put on the too small ones from last summer.