Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back from Korea

I returned from my business trip to Korea on Wednesday. It was a very good experience and I'm glad I had the opportunity to go. The trip was 3 days longer than planned, but all in all the time went by quickly. It was good to return home to my family after being away for 2 weeks. Josh did very well with the children with his parents help. He even vacuumed once while I was gone! He managed to get to church before the sermon began, too! I heard the kids looked dressed OK also while I was gone. So here are some pictures from my trip:


A Korean Folk Village which we toured in Seoul - Namsangol Hanok Village


Inside one of the homes/rooms at the Korean folk village


A chicken soup lunch we ate. It was a whole chicken in a Ginseng broth.


A Korean BBQ Dinner


Our Sushi dinner. So much food!


I'm not a big fan of Sushi, but I did try all of it.


I went to church with some friends from Escondido (Westminster). Julius is a NT professor at the seminary and is spending his sabbatical in Korea.


A palace we visited in Seoul - Gyeong Bok Gung Palace


Inside the palace


The throne room inside the palace


Looking out to downtown Seoul from the palace complex


The king's bedroom inside his house in the palace


The sightseeing group - 2 of our Korean colleagues showed us around Seoul on our day off


Inside a local marketplace in Seoul


The local marketplace. The shopping was fun.


The real reason for my trip. To start-up a distillation system we built and installed in our Korean plant.


It was fun to come home and give the kids their gifts from my trip. I got them all a set of Korean/Oriental clothing/PJ's. Here they are showing off their clothes. Caleb and Eliyana wanted to wear them to school.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Awesome pictures! Glad you made it back safely, I was amazed at how clean the street was in that one picture of the marketplace, what a neat trip that must have been.

Becky Walters said...

I have to agree- -Sushi is not a favorite food of mine either!! Glad you are back safe & sound. I can imagine the children were very glad to see you and Josh too!!! Enjoyed your pics of Korea very much. Awesome to meet some fellow believers from Escondido!!

Becky

Christy said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. What a great experience! I was just at a Korean BBQ restaurant this week with a friend and it was great. I love that kind of food though/

Nancy Yoder said...

Hey, I think you should let Eliyana wear her new outfit to school. It would be a great "Show and Tell" I viewed the 44 pics you sent by email. I'm glad you explained the things. It must have been a great experience, but I'm not sure I could have eaten sushi. Glad you are back. Grandma