Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Peacocks and VCR's

It's been an interesting week in the Van Ee home. Last Saturday morning when Josh and the kids went out to get the paper, they noticed a peacock on our neighbors' roof. Eliyana really wanted to catch it so they tried luring it down with some rabbit food. It came down but wasn't too impressed with the selection. The best we could do is get a couple pictures.


Gideon has been more trouble lately. He figured out how to open door knobs. The other day he got into Matthew's bedroom and found a bag of candy. When I finally discovered him, he had candy wrappers all around him and a big stream of chocolate down his shirt. That same day while I was working at my downstairs desk and wasn't paying attention to what Gideon was doing, I turned around and found Gideon had gotten into my big houseplant and had a trail of dirt from the dining room through the kitchen and into the living room. He was scooping dirt out of the pot with a spoon and carrying it to the living room. I should have taken a pictures. . .

Our VCR hasn't been working for a few months, which has been a bummer since most of our kids' movies are VHS. Finally I thought I'd look a little closer at it to see if I could find the problem. Gideon has many times put things into the slot, but I never could see anything in there. This time I took the VCR out and turned it upside down. I could hear something moving inside it. Upside down I was able to find all kinds of treasures inside the VCR: 2 combs, 2 play darts, a camcorder cassette and a game cartridge. After getting all this out the VCR works great!


He sure knows how to get into trouble, but then when he does the cutest things it's hard to get upset at him. Here's a picture of him trying to be a big boy and ride a scooter. He recently discovered bike helmets and loves to wear it. Too bad the scooter is a pink princess scooter, but he doesn't know the difference!

4 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

It sounds like Gideon makes life interesting for you. Did you see Christy's blog with Asher in the bathtub fully clothed? It makes me think of all the naughty "exploring" my kids did. Just keep that camera ready. It helps remember a lot that otherwise we would forget. You kids have much more interesting blogs than I do, but I am enjoying spring and my flowers.

Katy said...

Oh, my word, that is too funny! Chase liked sticking things in the VCR too. They are hard to stay mad at aren't they:)

Leah said...

Gideon is too cute!

Unknown said...

That picture of Gideon is wonderful! You are very lucky that the VCR still works. Glad he didn't get any PB&J in there. At least trying to keep up with the kids will help you stay in shape, ha ha! Have a great weekend.