Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gideon Walking and Other Stuff

The kids are all sick with colds, but it has been a good week at the Van Ee home. Gideon is getting more courage to walk. He still likes to hold on to something with 1 hand, but he'll go small distances unassisted. I tried to capture it on video, but the lighting isn't very good. I'l



We got Eliyana's 1st Grade Picture back. Again Josh did very well to get her ready in the morning for the picture. It seems picture day will always be a day I must go to work, so Josh gets the task of getting her ready!


Caleb got a little scratch on his arm yesterday while we were outside working on our yard. Josh and I were so dirty so we let Caleb go inside to get his own bandaid. When Caleb came back out we all had a good laugh. There were at least 8 bandaids stuck to his arm! His other arm is covered in red dots. He thought it would be fun to give himself chicken pox with a red marker. The dots are thankfully starting to fade. We're just glad he didn't do it to his face.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Kids are so funny! What is it about band aids anyway? That sounds like something our Naomi would do too. :)

Nancy Yoder said...

Kids seem to think when they have band aids it doesn't hurt any more! I think they must all be alike.Even when my kids were little, band aids were the thing!
Have you heard about the Phillies? I go to bed before it is over, but check the score first thing in the morning.
So good to read your news again.

Phyllis said...

Eliyana looks beautiful in her picture...Josh has a lot to work with - how could he go wrong?!

Love,
Aunt Phyllis

Katy said...

Chase actually hates band aids. He screams if I put one on him! That is so funny though. I love the picture of Eliyana, so pretty.

Josh and Heidi Van Ee said...

Band aids are a funny thing. I guess I'm glad that they can "fix" just about any injury. But that can be a bad thing too as we go through a lot of them!

Becky Walters said...

Leave it to Caleb to put on all the bandaids. How cute is that. And the red dots too?? He is so creative. I loved the pic of Elyianna. Josh did a wonderful job getting her ready for picture day.
I agree with your Grandma Nancy-GO PHILLIES!! I have not missed a game.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the power of band aids, they can make any booboo smaller and better. So of course more would be better than just one. Too cute. Eliyana's school pic it a great one. She looks like a true California young girl. Josh couldn't have done much wrong getting her ready. She's a lovely young girl.

Aileen said...

thats hillaryous!!! kids are such an adventure