Gideon at 7 months old in the new house. He learned to rock on his hands and knees around 7 months.
Josiah (the kids' cousin) playing with Snakey, our juvenile pet Gopher Snake. Josiah loves our snake. His parents aren't too thrilled with his interest in snakes :)
Here's an adult Gopher snake that slithered past our patio door at the new house. Hmmm . . . do we really want Snakey to get that big?! Our new house is located on the edge of town near a rural area, so we're sure to see other little critters.
A dinner at the new house with Aunt Becky and Uncle Jimmy, Joel and Heidi Verbrugge and their kids. It was also a time for Becky and Jimmy to bid farewell to Joel and Heidi who just moved to Hershey.
Behind our new home are a couple horses. The kids enjoy throwing carrots down to this one from our deck which is above and behind the horse pen. We went to visit him (Homer) one morning.
We're really enjoying the pool at our new home.
Eliyana with Josiah and Hannah. Notice Josiah still holding the snake! Sorry Joel and Heidi!
Gideon and Chester (our cat) looking out the patio door. This was taken about 3 days after Gideon learned to crawl at 7.5 months old. Now he is already getting into everything.
Our vacation in Northern California. We spent 3 days camping at Medicine Lake. Eliyana loved fishing with Grandpa. This is the 2 of them out fishing before breakfast. The Lake was so peaceful with great reflections in the early morning.
Eliyana proud of her catch (rainbow trout)
Gideon hanging out with Grandma by the lake while the others were fishing.
Caleb and Grandpa in the boat.
Feeding Gideon his baby food at the campsite. He was a great camper for being only 8 months old.
Roasting Hot Dogs by the fire. The hot dogs were good, but the kids really enjoyed the marshmellows the best! They even asked for them at breakfast.
Here's Gideon tasting grass. He wasn't too impressed with it. He didn't try crawling in it either.
We went golfing with Josh's parents and the kids. We had 4 adults and 2 golf carts to contain the kids while the 4 adults golfed. Crazy, but fun. Gideon cooperated very well and took a nap until the 7th hole. I fed him while the others finished the hole and then we finished out the 9. It only took us 2.5 hours to do 9 holes.
Caleb with his golf club and ball.





5 comments:
Awesome Heidi, your new home looks and sounds like its in a great location. The pool looks very inviting. I'm glad you are able to meet up with Becky & Jimmy too. How far from the old home is this one? Pet snakes? Oh boy this could get interesting. What happened to the chicks you were raising a while back? How are they going to get along with the snake? I see some conflicts coming if you still have the chicks. Gideon is getting so big. It was great to see all your pix. Thanks.
Heidi, it is so good to have you back in our world. I love the blogs. I check them every day if I am home. Would you believe the most response I got from my blogs were about the jelly pictures! It is so great to see your children and how they are growing. Since you are not looking forward to any new babies, maybe I will have to visit to see your new house! Love Grandma
looks like you guys have been keeping busy! the new house looks amazing!
The new house looks nice! The pool is a great addition I am sure. Gideon is so big! I am sure he is enjoying being mobile and getting into everything!
Heidi, in looking at your pics again, I think Gideon resembles Karl a lot. Phyl mentioned to me or maybe it was Toot, but I think too he looks like Karl and Jordan. Love, Grandma
Post a Comment